Baked Feta! The newest trend on Tiktok that I just had to try. This dish seems to be dividing people on social media but it looked too delicious to not give it a go. And it’s true! Baked Feta is absolutely delicious as the feta softens in the oven and becomes lovely and creamy. Where’s the harm?
This is not exactly a strict recipe. It’s something that you can put your own spin on and use whatever ingredients you like. The possibilities are endless!
I’ve also seen people bake feta and then mix it up with the tomatoes to make a pasta sauce. I was tempted to try this but decided to serve it with some crusty bread and eat it for lunch. What a treat. Here’s how I made mine:
- 1 block Feta
- 1 pack cherry tomatoes (the best you can find)
- a pinch of oregano and chilli flakes
- 1 garlic clove
- a small handful of walnuts
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh basil
- Crusty bread
- Place the cherry tomatoes and a whole block of feta in a roasting pan and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper (try not to salt the feta as it’s already very salty), oregano, chilli flakes and sliced garlic.
- Roast in an oven at 180c for approximately 25 minutes or until the feta has softened. Then grill the feta until slightly golden brown.
- Whilst the feta is in the oven, toast the walnuts in a dry pan and then drizzled with honey until caramelised. Leave to cool.
- When the feta has browned, take it out of the oven and sprinkle over the caramelised walnuts and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and garnish with fresh basil.
- Serve with some warm crusty bread and dive in. Heavenly!!
I can’t tell you how much my husband and I enjoyed this. It almost felt a bit naughty eating soft, creamy feta. The sweet cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and walnuts pair so well with the salty feta. Plus the crusty bread carries all the flavours perfectly. It makes a great lunch or a delicious starter for a dinner party.
This is absolutely one to try! It’s so easy and you can use whatever flavours you want. Let your creative side go wild with this dish.
Thanks for reading and leave me a comment if you try this. Please follow and subscribe to my blog below and check out my website www.jbimagery.go.uk to see some of my work 🙂
Thank you! Hope you are all well and stay safe.